Micropigmentation Benefits in Los Angeles
The numerous benefits of scalp micropigmentation are what make it a popular choice for those undergoing hair loss. Some of these include the following:
- Increased hair density: scalp micropigmentation can give the impression that your hair is denser and more voluminous than it actually is. This eliminates the need for temporary solutions like wigs or hats to hide bald patches or thinning hair.
- Restore receding hairlines: Having a receding hairline can contribute to having a much older appearance. By restoring receding hairlines through scalp micropigmentation, you can look more youthful while evening out other problem areas on your scalp.
- Scar camouflage: When poorly done, hair transplants can lead to visible scarring from donor areas. scalp micropigmentation effectively hides these scars and other imperfections.
- Boost in self-confidence: People experiencing hair loss or hair-related issues tend to develop feelings of insecurity. Much like one’s face, one’s hair is a visible aspect of one’s appearance. By undergoing an SMP treatment, an individual’s self-confidence can be boosted as they no longer have to hide bald spots or feel as though they will be judged because of their hair. A normal look, one that doesn’t show hair loss, is the aim of micropigmentation.
Our Scalp Micropigmentation Practitioners in Los Angeles
You don’t have to go far to find the right scalp micropigmentation practitioner, as our team is licensed and experienced in conducting SMP treatments. We are also skilled in using the right tools and have the latest equipment suited for the procedure. Our team will ensure the SMP process is tailored to your specific situation and treatment goals. You can read more about this below.
What’s the SMP Treatment Process?
Since each client has a unique situation, we will always have a discussion with them first. We take this information into account before beginning any kind of treatment. A detailed discussion helps set the expectations of both parties. In addition, it’s understandable that you might have several questions about the treatment process, which our scalp micropigmentation artists will be more than willing to answer.
Once we have a clear picture of your condition and objectives for undergoing scalp micropigmentation, the treatment phase can begin. Our process involves three stages:
- Creating a hairline and initial impressions
- Providing a second set of impressions, wherein impression densities are filled
- Application of a topical aftercare gel to the affected area
During your treatment, your practitioner will use highly specialized pigments suited to your skin type and color tone. Color is an important aspect because we want to match the color of your hair in order to create a natural looking appearance. We will ensure the right color is used for your given situation. Different needle sizes, penetration depths, pigment color, and ink are also applied while layering your scalp. This will depend on the area that needs to be restored, as well as your desired results. A natural and new look that you’re used to seeing is our goal when you look in the mirror.
What to Know Prior to an SMP Treatment in Los Angeles
Before undergoing an scalp micropigmentation treatment in Los Angeles, you need to be aware of a few things that can help make the procedure a success. These include the following:
- SMP is not a one-time treatment. Rather, you need to undergo two to three, or sometimes even four, treatments depending on your situation. Treatments are scheduled several weeks apart to give the pigments time to settle on your scalp.
- Typically, applications can last about four to five hours. Make sure you reserve a whole day for your treatment as it may take longer than expected.
- Bringing food and drinks to your appointment is not prohibited. Make sure to have easy-to-eat snacks on hand, and to keep yourself hydrated. We want all of our clients to feel comfortable during the application.
- As mentioned, you may feel some discomfort during the SMP procedure. You can mitigate this by listening to music or watching TV. Reading books or watching a video from your phone might also help. The bottom line is to take your mind off the discomfort using an enjoyable distraction.
How to Prepare for the First Scalp Treatment in Los Angeles
It pays to be prepared before undergoing your first scalp micropigmentation treatment. Our SMP experts in Los Angeles will discuss the following general guidelines with you:
- Do NOT wash your hair or head prior to the treatment. This is to ensure that your scalp does not have any traces of shampoo or chemicals that can cause dryness.
- Instead, moisturize your scalp with lotion to achieve the best results.
- As mentioned, SMP treatments can take time so make sure your schedule is open for an extended period.
- Depending on what we discover during our consultation phase, you may be asked to shave your head.
- Get ready to return to your natural look!
Read Our Scalp After-Treatment Guidelines
Following our after-treatment guidelines are just as important as preparing for the SMP procedure itself. How you care for your scalp will help ensure that the treatment is long-lasting. At the same time, performing after-treatment care correctly will help avoid irritation, allergies, or any adverse effects.
Overall, the goal of after-treatment care is to keep your head clean and dry. We have found that these guidelines are generally helpful to our clients:
- Avoid touching the treated area
- Don’t get your hair wet
- Don’t shave for at least four days
- Stay out of direct sunlight
- Cancel your swimming plans until further notice
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, hot tubs, or places that will make your scalp sweat
- Refrain from using shampoos and moisturizers
Who Is a Candidate for Scalp Micropigmentation?
You may be a good candidate for an SMP treatment if you belong to one or more of the following categories:
- Men and women who want their hair to look more dense
- People with shaved heads who want to define hairless areas
- Those who suffer from Alopecia, a condition wherein your immune system attacks hair follicles, thus leading to hair loss
- People who are ineligible for hair transplantation such as those with blood-related or blood-borne diseases, people under the age of 24, or those with serious health complications
If you’re unsure whether you’d be an optimal candidate for this treatment, contact our SMP treatment center to schedule a consultation with a practitioner.
How Much Does Scalp Micropigmentation Cost?
Scalp micropigmentation cost vary due to several different factors including the practitioner and the extent of the hair loss treatment. Also, a treatment for scars may cost less than a hair loss treatment for balding since it usually covers less area. Another factor to consider is the number of treatments that will need to be applied to complete the process.
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles is the second-largest city in America and is internationally known as the home to the entertainment industry. Major film companies such as Paramount, Warner Bros., and Universal have stamped Los Angeles as their home as well as many movie stars and celebrities. Los Angeles is known as the city of Angels, but its original name when translated read “The town of our lady queen of the angels”. The city of Los Angeles covers 472 square miles and incorporates 88 different cities. The dining options of Los Angeles are so diverse that it’s possible to dine around the world without ever leaving the city. Among the riches and beauty of Los Angeles, On Point SMP provides scalp micropigmentation services to help people everywhere look and feel their best every day. Each SMP artist is passionate about restoring a natural look to every client we have the pleasure to serve. We’re proud to serve Los Angeles with the best SMP customer service you can get. We pride ourselves in giving you a professional and new look using the highest quality products. We also train SMP practitioners throughout the year.